Stately and modernistic design converge in the architecture of the building. It is the oldest power plant on the Kiso river, having been built in 1911. The building is a brick and mortar structure with the generator in one wing and the transmission facilities in the other. Copper diagonal roofing covers the generator wing. The building was classified as the first Industrial Cultural Treasure by Gifu prefecture and has been recognized as a National Important Cultural Asset. It currently serves as a museum.